Coach: Aaron Whelan
The State Youth Squad provides opportunities for athletes primarily aged between 13-18 years to plan, prepare and perform at state level competitions. State Youth Squad swimmers may attend between 2 and 6 sessions per week with the required number of sessions determined by the Coach together with the athlete, based on age, personal goals/aspirations, background and ability. Swimmers will develop all aspects of stroke technique, fitness and race skills with a focus on race strategy as they prepare for their competitions.
The following training schedule is for SCHOOL TERM PERIODS ONLY.
School holiday timetables (when available) can be found HERE
The Police Academy (PA) pool will be closed from 23 October to 3 December 2017 resulting in timetable changes over this period to ensure all squads are able to prepare for the LC season. The timetable for this period can be found HERE
The following proposed training breaks are planned for State Youth Squad
- Last training session on Saturday 16 December 2017 and training recommences on Monday 15 January 2018.
- Last training session on Thursday 29 March 2018 and training recommences on Monday 16 April 2018.
From Monday 4 December to 17 December 2017, the State Youth Squad will train as per the table below.
Swim + Gym
The training venues are located at:
- Aqualink Nunawading, 10 Fraser Place, Forest Hill
- Tintern Grammar: Enter school grounds at the corner of Loma and Morinda Streets, East Ringwood
- Wesley College, 620 High Street Rd, Mount Waverley
The core competitions for State Youth swimmers are Victorian Age Championships (Short Course and Long Course), Victorian Open Championships (Short Course and Long Course), Victorian Sprint Championships, Club Championships, All Junior Competition, District Championships and selected qualifying meets throughout the season.
In term 2017 the State Youth squad will compete in the following competitions;
Information in regards to squad monthly fees, adjustments to accounts for serious injuries or illness and Year 12 students support can be found at Squad Fees.
Please note that the full standard monthly fee is payable regardless of the number of sessions completed in State Youth Squad.
If a swimmer or parent has any questions or concerns, they are asked to speak to their coach first. If after working through the issue there is still a problem, they are asked to contact the Head Coach, Dean Bryant at email@example.com
The Club has a number of ways of communicating with you.
Nuna News – Every family is required to subscribe to the “Nuna News” email service. Parents and swimmers can subscribe HERE.
Website – Please take the time to read through the information at www.nunawadingswimmingclub.com.
Facebook – Follow us at www.facebook.com/NunaSwimming
When swimmers represent the club at swim meets, and compete against members from other clubs, it is a requirement to wear our club uniform. More information on uniform requirements and how to purchase it can be found HERE
There are two squads that swimmers in State Youth Squad can progress to:
National Red Squad – Swimmers who:
- are committed to the requirements of State Youth Squad as set out by the coach
- are invited into the Performance stream by the Head Coach
Armstrong Squad – Swimmers who:
- want to continue swimming for general fitness
- are not showing commitment to practice and competition as set out by the coach
- do not have qualifying times for the Victorian Age LC or SC Championships
Progressions from State Youth Squad can take place at any time.
Athlete progressions will be decided by the relevant coaches within the coaching team