Joshua Beaver has been a member of the Nunawading Swimming Club since May 2015 after making the move to the Club to pursue his Olympic campaign under High Performance coach Rohan Taylor. After narrowly missing the 2012 Olympic Team, Joshua burst onto the International scene in 2014 at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, where he secured 2 Silver and 1 Bronze medal in the Backstroke events. Josh then went on to make the Australian team to compete at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio.
Joshua has represented Australia at the following Meets:
- 2016 Olympic Games, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- 2015 World Championships, Kazan, Russia
- 2014 Commonwealth Games, Glasgow, winning Silver in the 200m Back and 4×100 Medley relay, and Bronze in the 100m Backstroke
- 2014 Pan Pacific Championships, Gold Coast, Australia
Belinda Hocking joined Nunawading Swimming Club in October 2012 when she moved from the AIS in Canberra, where she had trained since 2006, to Melbourne to train under the Club’s High Performance Coach Rohan Taylor.
Belinda is a triple Olympian and has recorded some of the fastest times in history for the 200m backstroke.
Some of the meets Belinda has represented Australia in are:
- 2016 Olympic Games, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, placing 5th in the 200m backstoke
- 2014 Pan Pacific Championships, Gold Coast, winning Gold in the 200m backstroke and Silver in the 100m backstroke
- 2014 Commonwealth Games, Glasgow, winning Gold in the 200m backstroke and Bronze in the 100m backstroke
- 2013 World Swimming Championships, Barcelona, Spain winning Silver in the 200m backstroke
- 2013 BHP Billiton Super Series, Perth, Australia
- 2012 Olympic Games, London, England placing 7th in the 100m backstroke final
- 2010 PanPacific Championships, Irvine, USA winning bronze in the 200m backstroke
- 2010 Commonwealth Games, Delhi, India placing 4th in the 200m & 100m backstroke
- 2009 World Championships, Rome, Italy
- 2008 World Short Course Championships, Manchester, England
- 2008 Olympic Games, Beijing, China where Belinda placed 8th in the 200m backstroke final
She was also part of the Gold medal winning 14 and under girls 4×50 Medley Relay team and the girls 14 and under 4×50 freestyle relay team that won silver.
In 2014 Julia was selected to represent Swimming Australia at the FINA Youth program in Doha, which took place during the 2014 World Short Course Championships. She was one of 2 swimmers selected from Australia to attend to give up and coming junior swimmers the chance to experience the World Championship environment and draw inspiration from the Worlds best athletes.
After her fantastic performances at the 2016 Australian Age Championships, Julia represented Australia at the Junior Pan Pacific Championships which were held in Hawaii.
Bowen joined Nunawading Swimming Club at the start of 2015, where he went on to represent the club at the 2015 Australian Age Championships. Bowen had an impressive meet, winning the Boys 16 years 200m Butterfly, and also claimed 2 Silver and 1 Bronze medal. After his fantastic performances at these Championships, Bowen was selected to represent Australia at the 2015 FINA World Junior Championships in Singapore.
After a fantastic 2015 season Bowen was able to continue his fine form claiming 1 Silver and 2 Bronze medals at the 2016 Australian Age Nationals and winning 3 Open Titles at the Victorian Open Short Course Championships.
We look forward to seeing what the future holds for Bowen.