At the September Board meeting the newly elected Board came together for the first time since the Annual General Meeting.
The new Board is:
- Matt Gurrie – President
- Brad Trewavis – Vice President
- Tim Keating – Vice President
- Kate Rooney – Secretary
- Andrew Webster – Treasurer
At the meeting, the President:
- Welcomed the new board members Brad, Kate and Andrew onto the Board.
- Congratulated all swimmers who competed at the Victorian Age Short Course Championships.
- Congratulated Molly Batchelor and Kayla Costa on their performances at the recent World Junior Championships.
- Wished all swimmers competing at the Victorian Open and 12/u Championships good luck.
At the meeting:
- The Board completed an assessment of their core and secondary competencies to ensure the Board has a suitable cross section of skills. This was the case.
- Graeme Stephenson was appointed as the Grievance Officer for the 2017/18 season.
- The final Code of Conduct was approved by the Board. The Board acknowledged the work done by Graeme Stephenson to bring it together and thanked all the staff and members who had provide input into the Code of Conduct. This will now be promoted throughout various venues.
- The Board acknowledged that our annual report to Council has been submitted.
- The Board discussed a number of business matters around business growth and risk management and will continue these with presentations to be made at our next Board meeting.