The October Board meeting was held on 12th October 2017 and at the meeting, the Board acknowledged new members for the month… Matthew Wu, Jennifer Lee, Adam Hsu and Jacqueline Woorin.
At the meeting, the President Matt Gurrie presented the following:
- Congratulations to our 7 to 10 year old swimmers who competed at the Metro East 7-10 Selection Trials last Saturday at Aquanation. We had 96 swimmers competing and 57 of them finished at least one race ranked in the top 10 for their age group and have been selected to compete at the 7-10 Competition at MSAC in November.
- In September we had 33 club records broken by our swimmers which is a record in itself for any one month.
- Congratulations to the 9 Nunawading swimmers and coach Mel Klamt on being selected to represent Victoria at the 2017 State Teams Challenge in Canberra at the end of September. The swimmers had a great meet and Brendon Smith was awarded 16-17 years swimmer of the meet.
- Well done to all swimmers who competed at the Victorian Open and 12/u Championships last month. At the end of the Championships, the Club was announced as the Premier Swimming Club in Victoria for the short course season. Congratulations to all coaches and swimmers who took part.
- Congratulations to Madeleine Scott who last week competed in the Canadian Open with the Australian Para Team.
- Congratulations to Jess Hansen and Bowen Gough who have been named Club Captains for the 2017/18 season.
- I attended the SV AGM last month. It was an entertaining meeting.
The Board acknowledged and thanked Chris Hanlen for stepping in (again) to the vacant Competition Officer role on the Swim Committee for the 2017/18 swimming season. If any parents are interested in becoming involved in the delivery of swim meets, we know that Chris would certainly appreciate the support.
The Business Development Manager, Graeme Stephenson presented an update on a number of facility options that the club is interested in. These range from partnerships with schools to identifying our own land or warehouse/showroom to operate a swim centre from. Discussions were held around our catchment and the Board considered a number of business models.
The Club has a new partnership agreement with Storage King, with more details to come.
The Board was provided with an update on the potential development on the land that we currently lease at Syndal. More meetings are to be held in the coming weeks with a better idea of timelines available over the next few months.