The Nunawading Swimming Club Board met in early November for their monthly meeting.
At the meeting, the President Matt Gurrie presented the following in his report.
- Congratulations to Sarah Scott on her appointment as Nunawading Swimming Club Head Junior Coach.
- The Australian Short Course Championships were a great success. Congratulations to all swimmers and High Performance Coach Scott Talbot on their performances. Special mention to gold medallists Jess Hansen and Kaz Boskovic.
- Well done to all Nunawading swimmers who competed at the 7 to 10 Competition Finals on Sunday. The Club had a large representation at the meet. Coach Aaron Whelan did a great job leading the Metro East team and the swimmers all swam really well.
In the month leading up to the meeting we welcomed new members: Joshua Carns, Hannah Lu, Taylah Price and Noah Paswinder.
The Board approved Anissa Smith as the Metro East Delegate for the current season.
The Club’s Occupational, Health & Safety Manual was presented to the Board for their information. A summary is provided below.
The reason for the system is to:
1. Ensure compliance to Act and Regulations
2. Ensure the Health and Safety of staff (duty of care)
3. Protect our organisation if an incident occurs
4. Demonstrate professionalism to others
To ensure compliance we will:
1. Have a commitment to OH&S
2. Designate OH&S representatives
3. A process for staff consultation on OH&S
4. Establish safe work procedures
5. A process for staff induction
6. A process for training and supervision
7. Establish a Risk Assessment system
8. Establish response procedures
9. A process for engagement with our partners on OH&S