The Nunawading Swimming Club AGM is coming up on Tuesday 15 August 2017 at 8:00pm in the Clubrooms. All members aged 16 years and over are invited to attend. More information is available at NSC AGM.
Over the month we welcomed many new swimmers to the Club. A huge welcome goes to: Taylan Simsek, Ethan Qian, Amelia Luong, Grace Rider, Maya Conn, Isobella Grounds, Tiana Hardie, Annabella Horvath, Amy Noy, Abigail Richards, Isabella Richardson, Cade Cavanagh, Madeleine Horvath, Joseph Sinclair, Emily Gant, Tali Gant, Jake Nolan and Hannah Ryan.
As part of the President’s Report, Iain Watson provided the following update:
- Good luck to Jess Hansen, Josh Beaver and Scott Talbot at the World Swimming Championships which start this week in Budapest, Hungary.
- Good luck to Sophie Caldwell and Dean Bryant at the Youth Commonwealth Games which started today in the Bahamas.
- Good luck to Alex Kirchner and Coach Mel Klamt at the Deaflympics which start this week in Istanbul, Turkey.
- A big thank you to Wayne Lawes for coaching for Nunawading for the 10 weeks Scott has been away. Wayne has a wealth of knowledge and has been a great asset to the coaching team.
- Nominations have been called for Board and Swim Committee positions to be elected at the AGM. There has been strong interest in these roles.
- Thank you to all Board members for their contribution over the previous year and many prior years for some.
Also noted at the meeting was:
- The draft Nunawading Swimming Club Code of Conduct is currently with the members for one month for their feedback. You can view this at Draft Code of Conduct.
- The auditors are currently completing the audit on the Club’s finances.