At the beginning of the meeting, President Carmen Boldt wished all Club members a happy and successful 2015, both in and out of the pool.
At the meeting, the President:
- Congratulated all swimmers on their performances at the Victorian Age Championships in December. Thank you also to the many parents who volunteered as team managers and time keepers through the meet. Well done also to the many Nunawading technical officials who helped run the meet.
- Well done to all swimmers and coaches on some great racing at the Victorian Open Championships last weekend. It was great to see our best swimmers racing against many of the best swimmers in Australia. Thanks also to all Club team managers, time keepers and officials.
- Thank you to Nick Hibbins on his contribution to the Club in his time as Head Junior Coach. Nick has been an integral part of growing and developing our junior program and the driver of the introduction of the Satellite programs at Tintern and Wesley. Nick will finish up coaching at Nunawading after the Australian Age Championships to care for his elderly father.
- The new kitchen looks fantastic and will hold the Club in good stead for many years to come. Thank you to Greg Langford for his contribution managing not only the Clubroom extension but also the refurbishment of the new kitchen.
- Attended the Coaches Monthly meeting on Tuesday morning and was impressed with the robustness of the discussions and direction of the program.
Also at the meeting:
- There was discussion on the current IT infrastructure for the Club and it’s Just Swimming business and areas that needed improvement.
- All members are reminded that we are guests at the external pools that we use including school pools and Police Academy. All members must follow the guidelines for behaviour and actions at all pools.
- The Club has signed a new 3 year agreement with Tintern Schools for the use of the Tintern pool.
- The Board discussed ways to get government support for swimming lessons for school children and some actions to see if we can make a difference in this area.
- The Club currently has 374 members and welcomed the following new members to the Club – Madison Goodman, Maddison Geers, Kiara Geers and Timothy Geers.
- The Board supported the Club’s commitment to use the Go Swim TV program over the next year. This will be rolled out over the next month.